Sri Lanka Adventure Cycling Tour 7 Nights
This cycling tour will take you through Dambulla, Sigiriya, Kandy, Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage and Kitulgala. A combination of pedal power and car allows convenience and ease of sightseeing. You will have a chance to capture picturesque surroundings of the hill country, go on wildlife safari, visit ancient temples and prehistoric caves, climb Sigiriya rock and go white water rafting.
- 7 nights deluxe accommodation
- Meals as specified, including breakfast and dinner
- A tailor-made holiday designed to suit your length of stay, budget and all your personal needs optimized for travel time between cities
- Mountain bikes & managing the entire cycling route.
- Well experienced cycling guide(s), his fees, meals and accommodation for the entire tour
- Backup vehicle for bikes with some spare bikes
- Accommodation at hotels that have been personally inspected by our quality assurance team on B&B basis or as requested
- You will be provided with the services of a luxury vehicle with the services of an English speaking licensed chauffer guide throughout your tour
- Visits to some of the best attractions in the country
- Travel advice from an experienced professional
- A guaranteed best price with financial protection for your payment
You will be greeted by a Sri Lankan Footprint representative at the Bandaranayake International Airport and transferred to Negombo where you will check into your hotel. You can enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to relax and unwind. In the evening you can enjoy a stroll through the streets of Negombo and enjoy the many restaurants and bars.
35Km Cycling to Dambulla Rock Temple.
In the morning after breakfast you will cycle to Kurunegala, from where you transfer to Dambulla by vehicle. Total cycling distance approximately 35km [5 Hours – Soft & Moderate]. In the evening you will visit the mysterious cave temple in Dambulla, with five shrines and over hundred sculptures of the Buddha. Check into your hotel for your overnight stay.
40Km cycling, Sigiriya Rock.
After breakfast you have the option of driving or cycling to Sigiriya, where you will ascend the famous Lion Rock a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built in the 5th century B.C this 8th wonder of the world displays landscaped gardens, beautiful water gardens, moats and ramparts, twisted steps and stairways and remnants of the Kings palace on top of the rock. From here your will continue to Minneriya where you can enjoy an evening Elephant Safari. Total cycling distance approximately 40km. [4 hours – Soft].
After breakfast leave for Kandy. Check in to your hotel in Kandy for your overnight stay.
40 Km cycling, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
After breakfast, start cycling to the Elephant Orphanage at Pinnawala, which looks after a large number of Elephants. The main attractions are the feeding and bathing of the elephants. Total cycling distance approximately 40km. [5 hours – Moderate] Afterwards get into the vehicle and make your way to Kandy and visit the Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic, and enjoy a traditional cultural dance performance in the evening.
After breakfast, you will start cycling to Kitulgala, total cycling distance approximately 40km. [5 hours – Moderate] Make the rest of the journey by vehicle to Kithulgala. Kitulgala is situated near the banks of Kelani River where the award winning movie “Bridge over River Kwai” was filmed.
The Kelani River running alongside the surrounding rain forest area is the base for white water rafting in Sri Lanka. It is an extremely popular destination amongst tourists and locals alike. This location is ideal for other adventure sports such as flat water rafting, river expeditions, water fall abseiling, rainforest and waterfall trekking, cycling and walking trails and bird watching. Check into your hotel and relax.
After an early breakfast, start cycling to Belilena Cave. This cave lies amidst picturesque landscape 2000m above sea level. It is famed for housing a 12,000 year old skeleton and home to thousands of bats and butterflies. Once you get back enjoy some exciting White Water Rafting arround10.30a.m (2 hour activity). Once you have completed the activities leave for Negombo and check into your hotel.
Check out from your hotel and transfer to the airport for your return flight.
Once booking details submitted by you, we will go ahead with the booking Process. At this stage we require a 20% payment. A booking confirmation will reach you after 48 hours of making the payment. The balance 80% of the payment is required, 30 days prior to the tour start date. Then you may go ahead with applying for Visa.
- Feel free to talk to our regional sales person for payment terms
- We except bank transfer.
No refund for Cancellations made with less than 30 days from the start of a tour and for No-show.
- Flight-tickets are not included
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travel Insurance is not included
- Camera & video permits
- Guide/Driver tips
- Late check outs & early check in charges